Thursday, August 7, 2008

Woody's II; West Henrietta Rd

When you think of number 2, think of Woody’s II. This plate was a culinary disaster. Let’s start with the pick-up. Woody’s II occupies the former Ponderosa on W. Henrietta Rd. I never thought I would long for the days of Salisbury steak and never ending sundaes but today I did. I walked into the totally empty building where I was forcefully told to go to the bar and pick up my takeout order (as if I should have known). The raspy, middle aged bartender charged me $9.75 for the plate. I gave her a $20, she gave me a 5-and-five-ones back as change which to me is code for “give me a f’n tip!”. I consider myself a good tipper, so I obliged and gave her a buck even though I really did all the work.

The unveiling happens about 20 minutes later. It comes in standard Styrofoam with a green & white checkered lining paper (how adorable…not!). Let’s start with the negatives, because there are a plethora of them. No homefries option here so it comes with french fires. The fries were soggy, like the ones you overindulge in at your local fireman’s carnival. There’s no bread (even stale bread is better then not offering bread). Worse yet, the mac salad tastes like poop flavored shit. It is the worst mac salad we’ve ever had. Soggy, soaked in too much mayo, and just rank. The mac salad residue oozed all over this plate rendering it nearly inedible. Bad fries, bad mac; that’s 2/3 of a plate that is unacceptable. The burgers were OK but most of us didn’t remember anything about the burgers because everything else was horrendous. There were two of them so that was a plus. I guess the one bright spot was the hot sauce. It was way different. At first taste, you wanted to throw it back up but by the third bite, we were all enjoying it. It had small chunks of red pepper and lots of grease in it. There was good heat and not a lot of sweet. No cinnamon after taste in this one. So if you like a spicy unsweetened sauce, this one is for you. Guarantee you’ve never tasted anything like it. Also came with 4 pickle chips.

Woody’s II comes at us like the “joke” American Idol contestant on the tryout show that thinks she can sing. It’s amusing to watch but in the end, nobody benefits. For this we give Woody’s II a 1 out of 5.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Worst plate I have ever had and I have had plenty. If you want a plate go down the road to Jays!